POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 60 Balls in the box (MPG, 591 KB) : Re: 60 Balls in the box (MPG, 591 KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 02:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 60 Balls in the box (MPG, 591 KB)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 20 Sep 2003 21:24:32
Message: <3f6cfdd0$1@news.povray.org>
Looks kinda nice, even with that strange
energy-thing going on...

And thanks for the stats. In effect, giving
that you rendered 10 times as many frames
as needed, one could say the parsing per
actual frame of animation is 40 seconds.
For 60 balls in a box, and with just that energy
problem, but no balls falling out, I'd say
thats kinda good coding. OTOH, as soon
as trace() is brought in, I'll expect it to
go higher, as you'll need more than just one
trace per ball.
Once you do have object interaction, try
something new: instead of using balls, use
blobs, and try to simulate water with,
don't know, 300 to 500 spheres. Have it
poured out of a bucket or such.
You'd have to switch off rotations for that,
although that might still be a nice special
effect for the water...

Oh, and do your particles support different
sized particles, or do they have to be the
same size?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de